Next Steps in Uncharted Waters!
This moment we are in is NEW… we’ve never been here before and that can stir up a range of emotion. My heart in this season is that we become more like Jesus and that we step into the fullness of what He intended His church to be! Can I invite you to be flexible with us during this time as we navigate these uncharted waters? Things will look and function differently for the time being and we get to chose how we respond. I’ve attached a video at the bottom of this [post] that shares my heart and perspective on this process. Please take a moment to watch and read this email in an effort to answer any questions you may have.
Let me reassure you that our live stream will continue and is actually expanding! A huge shout out to our tech team who has served so faithfully and continues to learn, grow, and adapt! We will be streaming every week on our website, Facebook, and additionally on YouTube. We completely understand that there may be some who will continue to shelter in place for a while and our live stream will continue to be an avenue of communication going forward!
We are part of phase one in Massachusetts which means we will be reopening the building this weekend with care and safety as a priority! The state has provided us with a guide and checklist as a house of worship that we will use as a template during the phases of reopening. In order to follow state guidelines and maintain social distancing we are offering two gathering times 9 and 11 am on Sundays. We are limited to 40% capacity for the first phase and we will be limiting our gatherings to those numbers so please be early and know that once we are full we will need to redirect people to the live stream.
- We will be streaming ONLY the 11am service.
- We want to encourage at-risk individuals and those with symptoms of illness to stay at home.
- We have removed every other row in the sanctuary to ensure social distancing.
- We will have signage throughout the facility for traffic flow within the building.
- We want to encourage you to continue to give online, however if you’re not able there are drop boxes in the sanctuary.
- We will not be taking communion this week, however we will be working through the logistics of using individual prepackaged elements in the future.
- There will be no coffee hour or food onsite
- We will dismiss by rows and exit the building
- The doors will be locked between services to give our team time to clean and reset for the next group.
If you would like to serve as part of the reopening team please sign up here!
There will be no childcare provided, however our services will be shortened to one hour and we are making an effort to gear our services towards the whole family!
Encouragement & Outreach
We want to encourage those at risk and the seniors during this time. We will have a basket out on Sunday as you enter for you to drop a note or greeting card in. We will send them out from the church office next week.
If you have a need for food or finances during this time, please don’t be embarrassed. We are in this together and supporting one another! Please let us know if you have a need because we can’t help unless we are aware!
Finally, please be prayerful, use wisdom, and make your own decision. Wherever two or three are gathered the great I AM is present! Let me encourage you to make your homes a dwelling place for the mighty presence of God! We do look forward to being together and we are continuing to pray Psalm 91 over you! “Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.”
Much love to you all in Jesus!
Pastor Josh & Elizabeth